Junior Professionals in Delegation (JPD)
Selection round 2017 – Traineeship period 2017-2019
High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union
Deadline: 31 January 2017 (by midnight, Italian local time) – CLOSED
The European External Action Service (EEAS) and the European Commission (EC) have established a high-level traineeship programme which gives an opportunity to highly qualified junior professionals from the EU Members State to work in the EU Delegations worldwide. The aim of the programme is to enable young people to gain a first-hand experience in the work of Delegations and an in-depth understanding of their role in the implementation of EU external policies.
The JPD programme is based on the:
- Joint Decision establishing a High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations and Rules Governing this Programme in Partnership with the Member States of the European Union (12.06.2012);
- Implementing Rules of the High Level Traineeship Programme further specifying the Decision(22.01.2014).
Before applying to the JPD, applicants are strongly encouraged to read both documents carefully and to consult all other documents relating to this traineeship programme (for further information, visit the EEAS website: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/2463/junior-professional-delegation-jpd_en
How to apply
- Carefully read ALL documents concerning the JPD Programme and its eligibility criteria. These are available from the EAAS website: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/2463/junior-professional-delegation-jpd_en
- Download the standard Application Form.
- Fill out the Application form and carefully follow all indications provided.
When preparing your application, please take note of paragraph 2.2 of the Implementing Rules of the High Level Traineeship Programme.
- Print, sign and scan your Application Form.
- Save the application in PDF format on your computer. Please note that the size of this PDF document must not be greater than 3MB.
- Click here to access the online submission form through which you must submit your application.
- Fill out all of the fields requested.
- Upload your Application Form in PDF.
- Carefully review all data entered and press SUBMIT. After submitting your application, an automatic receipt message will be sent to the e-mail address indicated by you in the online submission form.
Candidates can apply only to one of the positions (i.e. EEAS or Commission) under the JPD Programme. Candidates applying to both positions will be disqualified.
Should you wish to withdraw your JPD application, kindly fill out the online form available here.
N.B. Please ensure you have at hand a copy of the “Acknowledge Receipt” email of your original JPD application submission.